2nd Mindanao Chairman’s Cup
July 11, 12, 2009
Apo Golf and Country Club
“GOLF TA SA DAVAO”
Rules of Play
* The tournament shall be 36 holes team play tournament to be played in two (2) days at Apo Golf and Country Club on July 11, 12, 2009,
* Team shall be composed of Five (5) players.
* The best four (4) scores will count as the team’s score for each round. The total of the team’s daily scores for two (2) days will the team’s score for the tournament.
* The Mindanao Chairman’s Cup is an amateur golf competition for golf club bona fide members.
* Professional golfers whether Tour Players or Teaching Professionals are not allowed to play in the tournament, and are likewise prohibited from assisting or acting as caddies to participants in the tournament.
* All participating team may be required at the option of the tournament committee to submit their Roster of Members from their respective clubs as of June 2009, during the Team Captain Meeting. This Roster, once submitted, may no longer be changed nor can any new names added.
* The names of the players in the final team line-up, on the form provided by the tournament, must be signed by the team captain.
* A player shall play for only one team and for not more than 36 holes.
* Teams that really need to add names to their submitted team line up due to reasons beyond their control must submit a letter to the Tournament Committee explaining their situation and asking for consideration. This must be done before the June 30, 2009 . If the Tournament Committee allows the addition, the Team concerned will be automatically assigned to the Eagle Division.
1. TEAM DISQUALIFICATION
Disqualification of a team shall mean the disqualification of all its members and their scores will no longer be counted in the determination of team standings. Grounds for disqualification of a team shall be the following:
o Fielding an ineligible player. An ineligible player shall be defined as:
1. A player whose name does not appear in the official application form duly signed by the team captain.
2. A player who has played for another team in an earlier round;
3. A player who has already played 36-holes;
4. A player who assumes the identity of another player;
o Fielding more than five (5) players;
o Fielding less than 4 players on any day of the competition;
o Non-payment of the Entry Fee on or before July 2, , 2009
o Other gross violations that the Tournament Committee feels should merit a penalty of disqualification;
2. INIDIVIDUAL DISQUALIFICATION
Disqualification of any player under the Rules of Golf in the first round shall not be effective for the second round unless the Rules Committee determines otherwise.
4-CLASSIFICATION OF TEAMS
* Teams shall be divided into Four divisions according to the team average handicap based on the lowest June 2009 handicap of the members of the team.
* . The team divisions are:
Eagle Division ( average aggregate handicap ( 0-9)
Durian Division ( average aggregate handicap ( 10 – 15 )
Pomelo ( average aggregate handicap ( 16-21)
Chico ( average aggregate handicap (22-27)
A special division for sportswriters SANTOL Division will be included for the first time.
FORMAT; 36 HOLES TEAM PLAY – 5 PLAYERS PER TEAM
5 TO PLAY 4 TO COUNT
SCORING: MOLAVE SYSTEM;
DOUBLE BOGEY 1 POINTS BIRDIE 4 POINTS
BOGEY 2 POINTS EAGLE 5 POINTS
PAR 3 POINTS HOLE IN ONE 6 POINTS
DIVISIONS: EAGLE DIVISION( 0-9) DURIAN DIVISON ( 16-21)
POMELO DIVISION (10-15) CHICO DIVISION (22-27)
Guidelines for Team Composition:
Eagle division shall be composed of at least 3 or more players with handicap ( 0-9) and whose average team handicap shall be no more than 9.
Durian Division shall be composed of maximum of 2 players with handicaps of ( 0-9) and or 3 or more players with handicaps 10-15 and whose average team handicap shall be between 10 and no more than 15.
Pomelo Division shall be composed of maximum of 1 player with handicap from 0-9 and maximum of 2 players with handicap of 10-15, and whose average team handicap shall be between 16 to 21., no players with 0-9 handicap shall be allowed in this division.
Chico division shall be composed of maximum of 1 player with handicap 10-15, and or maximum of 2 players with handicap of 16-21, and whose average team handicap shall be between 22 to 27. No playes with handicap lower than 15 shall be allowed to play in this division. .
*Cut off to determine handicap shall be the June 2009 handicap.
The committee however reserves the right to the final classification of the teams.
5-PAIRINGS AND STARTING TIMES
* Pairings and starting times for the first and second rounds shall be based on the team averages. Pairings and starting times for the last two rounds shall be based on scores, which will reflect team standings.
* Pairings shall indicate team names only. Team Captains should provide the starters with the names of their players within 30 minutes before the scheduled tee times of his team.
* The committee reserves the rights to alter the pairings if it feels that such an action is good for the tournament. Players who refuse to follow such changes will be DISQUALIFIED.
6-LATE TO TEE
A player is late to tee if he is not on the tee, ready to play, when the starter calls the first player in his flight tot the tee. The late player is not disqualified. He will score zero points on the holes that he failed to play and he will be allowed to join his assigned group on the tee of the next hole to be played.
7- SLOW PLAY
* All players must maintain the peace of play at all times. If a flight fails behind by having an open hole in front of them, they will be warned by an official, asked to speed up play and keep pace with the flight ahead.
* If they do not, in the opinion of the official, make a conscious effort to speed up play in the next few holes, the official will time all members of the flight. The official doing the timing shall be the sole judge of when it is the player’s turn to play.
* Any player who takes more than one (1) minute to play his shot from the time it is his turn to play, shall incur a bad time and be subject to the following penalties:
First Bad Time Warning
Second Bad Time One-Stroke Penalty
Third Bad Time Two-strokes Penalty
Fourth Bad Time Disqualification
* The flight will be timed until they have regained their position on the course.
* A player will carry his bad time for the rest of the round in case they fall out of position again.
8- STOPPING AT THE CLUBHOUSE
In accordance with Decisions 6-Sa/2.5 and 56-8a / 2.7 of the Rules of Golf, players are not allowed to stop at the clubhouse after nine holes of play, sit down, order food and drinks and have refreshments, if such action shall delay game.
Penalty for Breach: Disqualification
9- CELLULAR PHONES
Cellular Phones should be placed on silent mode and should not be used during play of a hole.
If a player has no more chance to make a point on the hole, he must pick up his ball and stop play for that hole, He shall score zero points for the hole and must mark his score on that hole with an “X” to indicate a pick-up
Note: Signing for a score higher than DOUBLE BOGEY shall mean that the player made such a score and he will be subject to the penalty clause of this rule.
Penalty for breach: 2 points deduction from the team points for the day. However, the team penalty will not apply if the player involved has been disqualified for signing a wrong scorecard.
* Ties in the team competition shall be settled by comparing scores and determining the winner on the basis of:
1. The final day score of the team* on the back 9..
2. If still ties, the final day score of the front nine;
3. If still tied, the first day score of the team on the back nine.,
4. If still tied the matter will be referred to the committee.
*(Team score means the top 4 best score)
12- CADDIES, UMBRELLA BOYS / GIRLS
Only caddies and umbrella boys / girls accredited by the host club may be employed.
13- SCORECARDS / MARKERS
* Each player shall be assigned by the Committee as a marker to record the scores of another player in the same flight. The marker shall record gross scores only and mark pick-ups with and “X”. The Committee shall compute for the points scored.
* The marker must do the recording of scores and NOT the caddie.
Penalty for breach: Two strokes for each violation.
* To avoid penalties, players are reminded to:
1. Check their hole-by-hole scores for accuracy;
2. Settle any doubtful points with the marker or the Committee before signing the card;
3. Make sure the marker has signed the card;
4. Countersign the card;
5. Return the card to the Committee as soon as possible.
14-REQUESTS FOR TEE TIMES
The Tournament Committee will not entertain any requests for tee times or changes in the tee times. Players who join the competition should be ready to play on any of the dates and tee-times assigned to them by the Committee.
15- All complaints must be lodged to the committee upon submission of the scorecards, the committee reserves the right at its discretion to entertain complaints lodged thereafter.
16- CLOSE OF COMPETITION
The competition shall be deemed to have closed when the championship trophy of the division concerned has been awarded to the winner.
* The team that scores the highest MOLAVE Points after TWO days of play shall win their respective Division Trophy.
18-TOURNAMENT LOCAL RULES
These Tournament Local Rules shall be in effect for the 2nd Mindanao Chairman’s Cup:
* EMBEDDED BALL – Rule 25-2 is expanded to include all areas “through the green.”
“A ball embedded in its own pitch-mark through the green may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole. The ball when dropped must first strike a part of the course through the green.”
* TIME OF STARTING – The five-minute allowance for late to tee is NOT IN EFFECT. The player is disqualified for the holes he missed and may join his assigned group on the tee of the next hole to be played.
* STONES IN BUNKER – The local Rule allowing the removal of stones in a bunker is IN EFFECT unless the Tournament Committee announces otherwise.
These Rules shall be effective on the 2st Mindanao Chairman’s Cup in Davao City Golf Club on July 11- 12, 2009 at Apo Golf and Country Club.
GOLF TA SA DAVAO
2nd Mindanao Chairman’s Cup
July 11-12, 2008
Apo Golf and Country Club
I, ______________________________, of legal age, a citizen of __________________,
single/ married and a resident of __________________________ hereby declares:
1. That I am a member of (team) ________________ and a participant to the 2nd Minanao Chairman’s Cup from July 11, 12 2009.
2. That I hereby certify that I am medically and physically fit to participate in the said tournament.
3. That I voluntarily join the tournament and hereby absolve the organizers of the 2ndt Minanao Chairman’s Cup, its officers and sponsors, and all members and officers of the tournament, from any liability that may arise as a result of my joining the tournament.
4. That I further release and discharge the organizers, officers and sponsors of said tournament, from any and all action/s, suit/s, damage/s, claim/s and /or demands which may arise in the course of my joining the tournament.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto affix my signature this ____________ day of July, 2009 at Davao City, Philippines.
Signature over Printed Name
Note: Please submit to Interclub Secretariat or Starters Committee.